Monday, February 05, 2007

HALF THOUGHTS

My husband and I had a conversation a few days ago after a big blowup because I told him "Will you say something?" I often do because I think he never listens to me. To which he went through the ceiling. Well not actually. My heart was broken and I was ready to shut the hole in the ceiling and not let him back in when he said, "I didn't know you were through talking."

It was like a light bulb went off for me. I apologized. We went on to have that conversation I first mentioned and to laugh.

I am now making an effort to be aware of the fact that I don't finish my thoughts out loud. I have wondered what was going on when people would look at me expectantly while I waited for a response. I often thought it was because they were rude or.....well, stupid (ewww). I have expected people to read my thoughts. Is this the ultimate laziness, or what!

We tease about my husband being my interpreter. It no longer sounds so funny.

Can anyone finish my thought here?

2 comments:

  1. Oh... I didn't know you were done....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am easi;y distracted likt that too. But so is my husband so we both understand. Glad you got it sorted out.

    ReplyDelete

A pony for your thoughts.